Monday, August 18, 2008

NBC's coverage of the Olympics.

Watching the Olympics has inspired me to start a blog. And oh yeah, my wife has been telling me to do it. So here I am!

Like most of you, I have been watching NBC's coverage of the 2008 Olympics. However, I have been wondering why we have to wait for over 12 hours to see certain events. For example, the two 100 m finals have been described as "amazing" and "historical". Yet, we had had to wait until US prime time to see it. Such feats should not be offered on "delayed broadcast" in the name of generating more prime time revenue. Part of the fun of Olympics and other global sporting events is waking up early in the morning to see it.....with buterflies in your stomach!

Some may say that I am only concerned about the 100 m finals because it was dominated by Jamaicans. Those persons would be correct. We kicked butt! Why is NBC ignoring Jamaican world record holder Usain Bolt and the trio of female Jamaican sprinters who won gold, silver and silver?!

Anyway, thats it for now. Thanks for helping me to get this blogging thing started.

No comments: